Blog - Safer Internet Day 2017
Safer Internet Day 2017
On 7th February 2017 we’re encouraging everyone to make the internet a better place and #giveasmile for Safer Internet Day!
To do this the UK Safer Internet Centre are asking schools, organisations and individuals to ‘Be the Change’ and help make
the internet smile by posting a smiley selfie or emoji!
How to get involved
Whether it’s a positive message in our specially designed emoji, a post filled with smiling emojis, or something more creative,
there are lots of ways you can get involved in the #giveasmile campaign. You can:
- Fill our #giveasmile template with your own message and share it on social media.
- UK Safer Internet Centre have created emoji templates which can be filled with tips and advice for creating a better internet or with positive comments.
- Download our emoji template here in colour or greyscale.
- Post a selfie of you smiling, or smiling with someone else and send it someone to make them smile!
- Get creative and make your own emoji out of anything you want, including objects and people!
- Post a smiley emoji on social media to show your support for Safer Internet Day
Along with your image, video or boomerang post this message:
This Safer Internet Day I #giveasmile to make the
internet a better place! http://bit.ly/SID2017UK